Uniquely located between the suburbs of Surfers Paradise and Bundall but separated by the waters of the Nerang River, it seems a world away from the buzz of Surfers Paradise and the commercial activity of Bundall. Chevron Island is a small mostly residential area with a cluster of interesting shops, cafes and restaurants at its heart on Thomas Drive.
Chevron Island Shops, Restaurants and Cafes
Centered around Thomas Drive there is a collection of interesting cafes and restaurants. Here are some highlights
- Boom Boom Burgers – great burgers and comfort foods – 7-9 Burra St
- Bangkok Thai on Chevron – authentic Thai – 2/62 Thomas Dr
- Chevron Social Eatery – organic raw foods & coffee – 62 Thomas Dr
- Wagyu-Ya on Chevron – Japanese grill – 42 Thomas Dr
- Curry Muncher Indian – Indian – 1/37 Thomas Dr
- Chevron Tavern – bar and bistro – 47 Thomas Dr
- Tribeca NYC – classic American – 58 Thomas Dr
Things to do on Chevron Island
- Go for a BBQ at Korman Family Park which has playground and toilets
- Throw a line in at the Chevron Island fishing platform
Accommodation on Chevron Island
Here are the four picks of places to stay on Chevron Island. They are all apartment style and self-contained meaning they have kitchens for those who want to prepare meals at home.
Karana Palms offers self-contained apartments with private balcony, garden views, outdoor pool, and a BBQ area. Laundry facilities and a full kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator are standard in all apartments.
Chevron Palms offers apartments with a spacious lounge and dining area, kitchen, and laundry facilities. Each apartment has a balcony or patio overlooking the pool area.
Offering one-bedroom apartments with fully-equipped kitchens and laundry facilities, solar heated swimming pool, outdoor garden, and BBQ.
Self-contained one bedroom apartment featuring a modern kitchen, laundry, pool, and city views.
The island is serviced by public buses 731 and 740 with stops at
- Thomas Dr near Burra St (heading in Bundall direction)
- Thomas Dr near Parnoo St (heading in Surfers paradise direction)
- Thomas Dr near Anembo St