The suburb of Miami on the Gold Coast, Australia is another one of the city’s’ popular spots for visitors. It certainly doesn’t have the glitz or glamour of Surfers Paradise or Broadbeach, nor is it as hip and trendy as Main Beach but that’s just what many people like about it.
Located between Nobby’s Beach and Burleigh the small suburb has a very down to earth, very local feel about it, definitely not ‘touristy’.
Along the Gold Coast highway at Miami, you’ll find a large Coles supermarket surrounded by other shops including cafes, chemist, bottle shop and more.
Behind the Miami Tavern on Kelly Avenue, where you can get a cold one and overlook the beach, there’s Mick Schaumburg Park where you wander up and get an amazing view north and south along the beach. The adjacent Ed Hardy Park also has covered seating and BBQ facilities.
Miami Beach is a 1 km section that lies between North Nobby where it becomes Nobbys Beach and South Nobby where it becomes Burleigh Beach. It is a patrolled section with Lifeguard towers located at
- Miami Beach Lifeguards near Hythe St
- Santa Monica Road Lifeguards
For conditions and lifeguard hours please check the Beachsafe website
The Top Hotels and Resorts in Miami
Direct beach access – Offering 2 large lagoon swimming pools, 6 BBQ areas and 2 or 3 bedroom apartments which include a fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities and free cable TV. Rates here get better when booking consecutive nights.
The Top Bars, Restaurants and Cafes in Miami
- That’s Amore – hearty Italian – 1/110 Mountain View Ave
- Piccolo Espresso -specialty coffee – 2 Hythe Street
- Hide n Seek Espresso – specialty coffee – 2/110 Mountain View Ave
- Miami Tavern – sports bar, live music, cheap but good bistro meals – 2047 Gold Coast Hwy
- Miami Beach Surf Life Saving Club – bar and gaming
- Greenhouse Canteen & Bar Miami – Vegetarian/Organic – 1916 Gold Coast Highway
The area is serviced by public buses with stops along the Gold Coast Hwy at
- Gold Coast Hwy at Miami Hotel
- Gold Coast Hwy at Hythe Street
- Gold Coast Hwy at RACQ
- Gold Coast Hwy at Riviera Road
- Gold Coast Hwy at Santa Monica Road
- Gold Coast Hwy at Miami State High School