If your looking for a nature escape that’s still within reach of cafes, restaurants and a little boutique shopping then Mt. Tamborine might be just the place. It’s located around 40 km inland of Surfers Paradise and has much to offer.
The area is also renowned for its wineries and natural produce. Some people may choose to take one of the many day tours that come to the area, if you have your own car it’s a worthwhile scenic drive and many choose to make this the base for their holiday at one of the many boutique guesthouses.
There’s also a Rainforest Skywalk which is a steel walkway which weaves through the rainforest canopy affording a safe and amazing view across this natural wonderland.
Things to do on Mount Tamborine
- Explore Tamborine National Park and its scenic walking tracks and waterfalls such as Curtis Falls
- Go for a walk through the forest rooftop at Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk
- Visit Thunderbird Park – one of Australia’s largest family-friendly adventure playground
- Explore the arts, craft and boutique stores on Gallery Walk
- Explore the local specialty foods, wineries, and distilleries.
- Take a hot air balloon ride of the scenic rim inc Mt Tamborine
- See the native Mt. Tamborine Glow Worms at Cedar Creek Estate
Unique Shops and Markets on Mount Tamborine
- Tamborine Mountain Country Markets – 2nd Sunday every month – Tamborine Mountain Showgrounds
- Green Shed – local produce market day is every Sunday morning – Tamborine Mountain Showgrounds
- Tamborine Mountain State School Markets – last Sunday of every month – Corner of Long and Curtis Roads
- Gallery Walk – offering over 70 shops inc. arts, crafts, antiques, local produce, cafes, and eateries – Long Road
Restaurants and Cafes
There are quite a lot of boutique eateries and cafes and here is the pick of local favorites
- Three Little Pigs Bar and Bistro – bar and bistro -13 Main Street
- Hickory – Slow cooked Ribs and Meats – 3/1 Main Street
- Drift Cafe – Lounge Bar, and Restaurant – 12 Main Western Rd
- Green Lane Coffee Plantation – Specialty coffee and plantation – 64 Alpine Terrace
- The Polish Place – authentic Polish cuisine and great views – 333 Main Western Rd
- Spice of Life Cafe & Deli – cafe and international dishes – 28 Main St
Breweries and Wineries on Mount Tamborine
- Witches Falls Winery – wine tastings and cellar door – 79 Main Western Rd
- Fortitude Brewing Co – bar, brewery, and restaurant – 165 Long Rd
- Tamborine Mountain Distillery – bar tastings and sales – 87-91 Beacon Road
- Castle Glen Mt Tamborine – cellar door for Liqueurs, Wines, Ports, and Ciders – 138 Long Rd
- Mason Wines Vineyard Estate – cellar door and restaurant – 32 Hartley Road
- Cedar Creek Vineyard Estate & Winery – cellar door sales with a range of QLD wines – 104–144 Hartley Road
- O’Reilly’s Canungra Valley Vineyards – winery and restaurant – Lamington National Park Road
Accommodation on Mount Tamborine
There is a growing range of B&B, boutique, and retreat accommodation on Mt Tamborine and here are my picks for 4 superb options
The boutique bed and breakfast offers superb views from its rear deck and luxurious room appointments.
Located at the top of Tamborine Mountain, only 5 minutes’ drive from various wineries and markets, this cosy retreat offers both luxury spa cottages and queen rooms with en-suite bathrooms. There is a guest lounge with a wood burner and free WiFi access.
Featuring beautiful views of the Albert River Valley, The Polish Place on Mount Tamborine offers self-catering chalets with log fireplace and 2-person spa bath and free Wi-Fi.
Songbirds Rainforest Retreat offers a unique combination of nature, luxury, and indulgence with a luxurious private villa for two in a 50 plus acre rainforest hideaway.
Best of Mount Tamborine Map